Choosing the best printer for vinyl stickers can be a challenge because there are a variety of options available that come from different brands and models. All of the printers have benefits and you should choose according to your requirements. A vinyl printer is a long term investment and therefore you should buy the best one according to your preference, budget, and the printer material. Below we have reviewed some of the best vinyl printers in the market right now which their advantages and disadvantages and can all be bought from amazon.
1. HP OfficeJet 5255 Epson
- Replaces the HP OfficeJet 4650, HP OfficeJet...
- Accomplish everything in your home office –...
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 2...
- The power of your printer in the palm of your...
- A new level of wireless connectivity you can...
HP OfficeJet 5255 Epson is the best printer that can be used for vinyl decals. It is a high-quality sticker that is lightweight, small, and affordable that can be used for frequent copying, scanning, and printing vinyl stickers. Because of the two-sided printing options, you can be able to print different sizes. This is an ideal vinyl printer that you can use for home use especially if you are a fan of HP.
- The functions for the HP Officejet 5255 are to print, copy, scan, and fax
- Has an 802.11 n wireless connectivity
- Input tray capacity of 100 sheets
- Comes in two speeds, 10ppm black, and 7ppm color
- Has a 2.2 mono touchscreen
- One year limited warranty
- It is a budget printer
- Has a touchscreen interface which provides easy access to features
- Produces high-quality prints
- Comes with Bluetooth and wi-fi options which provides a stable and convenient connection
- Fast print speed and therefore improves the wireless connectivity.
- Has an ink replenishment service which helps to save money
- Has a one paper tray capacity
- The black and white prints are not the best
2. Epson WorkForce WF-7710
- Storage Dimensions: 22.3" W x 19.1" D x 13.4"...
- Epson all-in-one printer can print, scan,...
- PrecisionCore technology lets you create...
- 250-sheet paper tray can also hold up to 20...
- Automatic 2-sided print speeds of 8.7 ppm...
Epson WorkForce WF-7710 is one printer that is multifunctional and performs printing tasks, copies, faxes, and scans. This is a printer that is more ideal for beginners because of the touchscreen interface being straightforward to use than for professionals.
This is a wide-format sticker printing quality tool that provides a variety of media sizes. It can also support a variety of paper types because of the dual tray system. Some of the paper types it can handle are high-resolution papers, vinyl sheets, luster paper, glossy photo paper, and matte paper. The wide-format capability makes it the best for larger vinyl printing stickers. According to a comparison table, the Epson WorkForce WF-7710 is different in terms of the eco-label because the Epson Expression ET 2750 ecotank has ink bottles.
- Input Tray capacity of 300 sheets
- Comes with 4 pigment-based inks
- Has optional high yield cartridges
- Output tray capacity of 125 sheets
- Supports two-sided printing
- Has allows wireless and mobile sticker printing
- 4.3-inch touchscreen interface
- ADF capacity of 35sheets
- This vinyl printer for sticker can print both sides
- You can set it up to auto replenish empty ink cartridges through amazon
- It is very versatile which can print all vinyl types
- Wireless printing and networking
- The quality of the prints are excellent
- Easy to navigate and set up
- Multifunctional capabilities and therefore can be used also as a regular printer
- The roller may experience a malfunction
3. Canon Pixma Pro 100
- 8 Dye based inks for amazing gradients and...
- The Optimum Image Generating System...
- Compatible with individual CLI 42 ink tanks...
- 4800 x 2400 dots per inch with fine...
- Weight: 43.2 in bullet point. Number of...
Canon Pixma Pro 100 is a vinyl sticker printer that offers high performance and is very durable when properly taken care of. With the 8 inch ink, it produces a marvelous color and as a result, you achieve vivid prints and can be used as a professional printer. This sticker printer has a two-way paper freedom system that supports the majority of the media. The 3 different lack cartridges it comes with produce monochrome quality prints and also has a built-in Chroma optimizer that helps to maintain the color.
- Canon Pixma Pro 100 features an auto document feeder
- Has CD-ROM and CD/DVD printing tray with other documents
- Built-in wi-fi connectivity and ethernet
- Uses an 8-ink dye-based inks system
- Has a high vinyl sticker printing resolution
- Makes realistic and quality prints
- OID system that reduces your time by detecting the different types of print materials
- Comes with wireless connectivity options
- Has an automatic document feeder that provides efficiency
- It is compatible with several operating systems
- It is quite expensive
- The printer head replacements may be hard to find
4.HP OfficeJet 3830 All in One Wireless Printer
- The main functions of this HP color inkjet...
- The power of your printer in the palm of your...
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 2...
- Print laser-quality documents and lab-quality...
- Optional quiet mode helps keep noise to a...
HP OfficeJet 3830 Wireless All in one is one of the best printers for vinyl sticker businesses, mostly for sticker paper printing but not the best for any personal use. It can be operated from anywhere by the use of your smartphone and fits in small spaces and on your desk as it is compact. Officejet 3830 printer for stickers allows border-less printing and is known as a 4×6 photo printer.
- It is wireless
- Automatic document feeder
- The printer supports 4by6 inches, A4 page, 5 by 7 paper, and legal-size page printing
- Amazon choice product and the best seller in the printer category
- Free product support
- High printing speed
- With the HP OfficeJet, you can print your sticker direct from your phone or tablet
- It is inexpensive
- The quality is high quality and very reliable
- The HP Officejet 3830 printer is quiet
- It may not work properly for the black and white paper
5. Canon Pixma TS6220 AIO
- Inspire your creativity with prints that will...
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your...
- The PIXMA TS6220 wireless printer is the All...
- Connectivity Technology: USB, Bluetooth
- For numbers listed in product description see...
Canon Pixma TS6220 is one of the cheapest best printers for stickers that can be used for both vinyl stickers and also paper. However, despite the affordability of the Canon Pixma TS6220, it has a high per-page printing cost and you should have this in mind when considering. This is not a printer for stickers specifically but can get the job done quite well. This printer for sticker uses 5 ink cartridges which are two pigment-based black ink cartridges and three dye-based color ink cartridges and this gives a wide tonal range. This is an ideal printer for a beginner printing business or an amateur photographer.
- Auto Duplexing Feature technology of 1200 by 2400 dpi resolution
- It has a high-speed connectivity
- Wireless printing via Bluetooth using Mopria or Airprint
- A high printing speed of 15 images per min for the monochrome and black printing while 10 color pages per minute
- It has two paper input tray capacity and a small footprint for easy usability
- Extraordinary print quality
- Affordable pricing
- An all in one printer that has strong mobile connectivity
- Does not have an NFC and SD card support
- It has a high running and operating cost
- Does not have an automatic document feeder
Buying Guide For Printers For Vinyl Stickers
1. Type of finishing
There are two types of finishing, glossy finishing and matte finishing. The matte finish is the most popular type of finishing which is not shiny or dazzling when placed in sunlight. Matte finishes are textured and tend to last longer than other finishing types and resistant to fingerprints. They are ideal for outdoor environments like the decals, billboards, and bumper stickers because they look natural.
On the other hand, shiny vinyl printing stickers with a glossy finish have a shiny polished look and are mostly made of vibrant colors. They are recommended for indoor banners because they are less durable.
2. The Print format and Quality
This is an important factor to consider before you purchase any sticker printers as it helps you check if your choice of printer machine can handle your document printing dimensions. For large print services, it is ideal to choose a wide-format inkjet printer while for smaller than regular sizes you should go with a desktop version.
The quality of the prints should be high and therefore you should choose a machine that assures you quality and this is the print resolution. For a more specific outcome of quality prints, choose a high print volume while making sure that the print volume is relative to media sizes.
3. Paper Handling
This is important so that you cannot buy a machine that will not be able to handle vinyl stickers. There are two types of materials of stickers and they are the vinyl stickers material and the paper sticker sheet. The major difference between the two is that the paper sticker sheets are not weather resistant and are cheaper. On the contrary, vinyl sticker sheets are weather-resistant and therefore able to withstand any harsh weather conditions and can be used outdoors but quite expensive. Choose a printer that can be able to handle vinyl stickers.
4. Printing white or Clear Stickers
This is a personal preference but the best printer for stickers is one that perfectly complements your needs. Clear stickers work well as decals and blend well with glass materials, windows, and containers. It is not possible to use an ordinary printing tool to print on a transparent material because everything will turn out blank. To avoid this as a problem, ensure you purchase a special printer or add an opaque surface to the vinyl stickers.
1. What kind of printer is used for vinyl stickers?
This depends on the design of your sticker but a 4 color inkjet printer with a dpi print resolution of 1200 can work quite well. Also, you should look for a printer with more than 6 cartridges if your sticker design needs vibrant color ranges with more tonal variation.
Your print color accuracy depends on the process you use for your printing. Before purchasing any printer, make sure your paper is compatible with your printer.
2. What printer is best for vinyl stickers?
According to our review, the best printer for vinyl stickers is dependent on what your main requirement is. The best budget printer one according to our review is the Canon Pixma T6220 that has low operating costs and would be a great start for a small business. It has wireless connectivity and you can easily print a variety of sticker sizes and types from your smartphone or tablet.
Pixma Pro 100 is another printer from the same brand with more advanced features but more expensive also. With features such as the 8 dye-based ink cartridges, which offer an expanded color, they give your stickers a range of colors with very great detail.
3. Can you print vinyl stickers with a normal printer?
It is recommended you use only an inkjet printer to print vinyl stickers because inkjet printers for vinyl use inks while a laser printer uses toners. The vinyl stickers are designed to be used with inkjet printers but laser printers according to some users get the work done just the same but you shouldn't use a LaserJet printer. This is because the common Vinyl used in an inkjet printer cannot be used in a LaserJet printer. After all, they produce very high temperatures and can result in the breaking of your laser printer.
However, for a hobbyist or professional signmakers, the best printers for stickers is the wide-format inkjet printer.
4. What printer can print on heat transfer vinyl?
There are three types of printers that support heat transfer based on printing and they are the inkjet printers, laser printers, and dye-sublimation printers.
1. Inkjet Printers
These printers are the ones that are mostly used at home and can either be in two types: The ones that use dye-based ink and the other ones that use pigment-based ink which is more expensive. Make sure that your printer is compatible with the method to get prints on the paper, vinyl, or fabric through heat transfer.
2. Laser Printers
These are the easiest printer to get heat transfer prints out because it uses heat to burn ink on paper. A laserjet printer handles bulk printing better than an inkjet printer. However, you should practice care because some papers can generate jamming and overheating can result in damage to your printer.
3. Dye-sublimation printers
The dye sublimation printer can be able to print fabric directly without using an intermediary heat transfer paper. You can always use another method that allows you to print a variation of items and plastics plus other fabric kinds. Heat transfer vinyl is designed to work with both laser and inkjet printers and is not cross-compatible. You should use an inkjet transfer paper on an inkjet printer and use a laser transfer paper on a laser printer.