Choosing the best printer for vinyl stickers can be a challenge because there are various options available that come from different brands and models. All printers have their benefits, and you should choose according to your requirements. A vinyl sticker printer is a long-term investment, and therefore you should buy the best one according to your preference, budget, and the printer material.
What Printer can Print on Heat Transfer Vinyl?
There are three types of printers that support heat transfer based on printing: inkjet printers, laser printers, and dye-sublimation printers.
1. Inkjet Printers
These printers are the ones that are mostly used in a home office and can either be in two types: The ones that use dye-based ink and the other ones that use pigment-based ink, which is more expensive. First, ensure that your printer is compatible with the method to get prints on the paper, vinyl, or fabric through heat transfer.
2. Laser Printers
These are the easiest printers to get heat transfer prints out because they use heat to burn paper ink. A laserjet printer handles bulk printing better than an inkjet printer. However, it would be best if you practiced care because some papers can generate jamming, and overheating can damage your printer.
3. Dye-sublimation printers
The dye sublimation printer can print fabric directly without using an intermediary heat transfer paper. You can always use another method to print a variation of items and plastics plus other fabric kinds. Heat transfer vinyl is designed to work with laser and inkjet printers and is not cross-compatible. You should use inkjet transfer paper on an inkjet printer and use laser transfer paper on a laser printer.
Below we have reviewed some of the best vinyl printers in the market right now, which have their advantages and disadvantages and can all be bought from amazon.
What is the best vinyl sticker printer?
Buy on Amazon
The Best Vinyl Sticker Printer Reviews
1. HP OfficeJet 3830 All in One Wireless Printer
- The main functions of this HP color inkjet...
- The power of your printer in the palm of your...
- Ink delivered to your home: Get your first 2...
- Print laser-quality documents and lab-quality...
- Optional quiet mode helps keep noise to a...
HP OfficeJet 3830 wireless all in one is one of the best printers for vinyl sticker businesses, mostly for sticker paper printing but not the best for any personal use. It can be operated from anywhere by using your smartphone and fits in small spaces and on your desk as it is compact. Officejet 3830 printer for stickers allows border-less printing and is known as a 4×6 photo printer.
- It has a wireless connection
- Automatic document feeder
- The printer supports 4 by 6 inches, A4 page, 5 by 7 paper, and legal-size page printing
- Amazon choice product and the best seller in the printer category
- Free product support
2. HP OfficeJet 5255
- Replaces the HP OfficeJet 4650, HP OfficeJet...
- Accomplish everything in your home office –...
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 2...
- The power of your printer in the palm of your...
- A new level of wireless connectivity you can...
HP OfficeJet 5255 is the best printer used for vinyl decals. It is a high-quality sticker that is lightweight, small, and affordable that can be used for frequent copying, scanning, and printing vinyl stickers. In addition, because of the two-sided printing options, you can print in different sizes. As a result, it is an ideal vinyl sticker printer that you can use at home, especially if you are a fan of HP.
- The functions for the HP Officejet 5255 are to print, copy, scan, and fax
- Has an 802.11 n wireless connectivity
- Input tray capacity of 100 sheets
- Comes in two speeds, 10ppm black, and 7ppm color
- Has a 2.2 mono touchscreen
- One year limited warranty
3. HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
- Upgrade your office – Replacing the...
- Organize documents 50% faster – Eliminate...
- Genuine HP 962 ink delivered to your home:...
- Print remotely using HP Smart app: Access...
- Self-healing Wi-fi: Ensures you stay...
The Pro 9015 is a wireless commercial printer with all the functionality and features you'll need to print high-quality Vinyl Stickers. The best aspect about this printer is that it's easy to set up and start printing whatever you want with only a few basic instructions. It can print 22 pages per minute and is an excellent alternative for the Pro 8710 printer.
If you run out of ink, you may get it online and have it delivered right to your door. To make changes to the printer settings, you must first download the HP Smart App. You may now use your printer, scanner, and monitor ink levels, among other things. While using the HP smart app, you can print from anywhere.
You can access your printer and scanner, monitor ink levels, and print, copy and scan on the move. Features an environmentally friendly design. This multifunction vinyl sticker printer has a green design that contains up to 10% recycled plastic.
- It can print 22 pages per minute
- Syncs with QuickBooks, Google Drive, and other programs
- Has Smart Tasks, which allows you to scan documents and save them to iCloud or Box
- The printer offers enhanced security features such as Wi-Fi security, document protection, password protection for sensitive documents
- It can connect to your smartphone
- Has an automatic 2-sided copy and scan,
- It has a 35-page automated document feeder and is 37 percent smaller.
4. Epson EcoTank ET-2750
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine...
- Cartridge-free printing — Comes with upto 2...
- Includes enough ink to print upto 6,500 pages...
- Save upto 80 percent on ink with low-cost...
- Easy wireless — Easily print from iPad,...
The Epson EcoTank ET-2750 is a printer, scanner, and copier that is connected through Ethernet and Wi-Fi. When used with Genuine Epson ink, this printer produces high-quality prints, whether you're printing text documents, pictures, images, or artwork on vinyl sticker sheets.
It is the best printer for vinyl that comes with enough ink to print up to 6500 black-and-white sheets of paper or 5200 color pages. It is advantageous because you won't need to order ink for at least the next few years. There is enough ink in the printer to fill 30 cartridges.
The Epson EcoTank ET-2750 can print straight from any smartphone or computer without the use of any wires. It also has automated double-sided printing, which saves 50% of your paper supply and saves you money.
Furthermore, this Epson printer boasts a 5760 x 1440 DPI, which is outstanding for such a small and inexpensive printer.
- This printer, scanner, and copier is a multifunctional gadget
- There's enough ink for 6,500 black-and-white pages or 5,200 color pages
- Free ink worth 30 cartridges is included
- Smartphones, PCs, and tablets have direct Wi-Fi access
- Printing on both sides automatically
- 5760 x 1440 dots per inch saves 50% of paper (DPI)
- With a Wi-Fi connection, you may print directly.
- This printer optimizes a 5760 x 1440 DPI
- Cartridge-free printing OS – Windows and Mac Pros Auto duplex Wi-Fi Direct Printing
5. HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo...
- Easily print when and where you need to from...
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 2...
- Built for business; produce fast...
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 is ideal for the home...
This vinyl sticker printer is a smart gadget that can be voice-controlled when used with an Alexa device. This versatile printer can be used as a scanner, copier, fax machine, and printer, among other things.
You may use this printer to print anything on vinyl stickers by connecting it to an Alexa device or connecting it to your smartphone, tablet, notebook, laptop, or PC. The HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 has an automated document feeder and automatic two-sided duplex printing. It is a multipurpose printer that can print, scan, copy, and send faxes.
This printer also has a small 2.65" color touchscreen used to operate the printer and a 225-sheet input tray. Because it's an inkjet printer, it can print professional-level quality photos and images for half the price of laser printers. As a result, it is more cost-effective and efficient to use at home or in a small business.
- multifunctional printer with a copier, scanner, and fax machine
- Ethernet connection and wireless printing
- Alexa devices are supported
- Duplex printing on both sides automatically
- 2.65" color touch screen automatic document feeder
- 50% less expensive; saves ink and electricity
- Almost all paper sizes and types are supported
- It comes with an input tray that can accommodate up to 225 sheets
6. Brother Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer, MFC-J895DW
- Up to 1 year of ink in box: Using the...
- Inkvestment tank system: Reengineered ink...
- Eliminate ink replacement guesswork: Brother...
- Mobile device printing: Desktop and mobile...
- For use with brother genuine inks: LC3033:...
With its blend of white casing and black accents, this commercial printer for printing vinyl stickers is packaged nicely for an eye-catching display. With just a few brief tests on the spot, anyone can learn how to utilize this printer for making vinyl stickers. The Brother MFC-J895DW is designed to be simple to operate.
When you use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button, scan the QR code on your router, and select the passcode, you can set up your wireless network connection in only a few clicks. You'llYou'll be able to print wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or any other Wi-Fi-enabled device with a printing app.
A user can also go to the Amazon Dash Replenishment dashboard. With this access, you can rest easy, knowing that your printer will never run out of ink or toner. The cloud-based technology automatically reorders and sends your next cartridge at lightning speed, avoiding costly downtime.
It saves you from setting up a complicated system with one-touch connections to the devices you use the most. Instead, the printer setup is complete after you tap your NFC-enabled mobile device on the machine.
- Ink supply system that is fully automated
- It has cloud connectivity such as Google Print and Google Drive
- It has Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB, and Wireless connectivity
- 12 pages per minute printing speed
7. Canon TS9120 Wireless Printer
- Inspire your creativity with prints that will...
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your...
- The PIXMA TS9120 Wireless printer is the all...
- With intuitive features like the 5.0 inches...
- The Pixma TS9120 is always ready to print...
The Canon TS9120 wireless printer is an excellent choice if you need a printing device to produce high-quality vinyl sticker prints. This device is also quite adaptable. Color photos and documents can be printed, scanned, and copied. In addition, all printouts are clear, thanks to the excellent print resolution.
Canon uses a 6-color ink system, which adds to its quality and ease. The independent ink system concept ensures that you only refill the colors that run out. Therefore, it is not necessary to replace everything. The Canon TS9120 has a very appealing design. It has a compact design that is easy to transport and fits well on top of your workstation.
The vinyl sticker machine also comes with a set of creative filters that allow photographers to take their work to the next level. Surprisingly, these filters are also relevant in printing vinyl stickers. In addition, the TS9120 is a completely wireless printer featuring Bluetooth, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and cloud connectivity options.
- The ability to print wirelessly and from a mobile device is convenient
- It supports a wider range of media formats
- The high-resolution and 6-color ink system are excellent for high-quality printing
- It can print Blu-ray disks, CDs, and DVDs
8. Epson WorkForce WF-7710
- Storage Dimensions: 22.3" W x 19.1" D x 13.4"...
- Epson all-in-one printer can print, scan,...
- PrecisionCore technology lets you create...
- 250-sheet paper tray can also hold up to 20...
- Automatic 2-sided print speeds of 8.7 ppm...
Epson WorkForce WF-7710 is one printer that is multifunctional and performs printing tasks, copies, faxes, and scans. This vinyl sticker printer is ideal for beginners because the touchscreen interface is more straightforward to use than for professionals. In addition, it is a wide-format sticker printing quality tool that provides a variety of media sizes.
It can also support a variety of paper types because of the dual tray system. Some of the paper types it can handle are high-resolution papers, vinyl sheets, luster paper, glossy photo paper, and matte paper. The wide-format capability makes it the best for larger vinyl printing stickers. According to a comparison table, the Epson WorkForce WF-7710 is different in terms of the eco-label because the Epson Expression ET 2750 ecotank has ink bottles.
- Input Tray capacity of 300 sheets
- Comes with 4 pigment-based inks
- Has optional high yield cartridges
- Output tray capacity of 125 sheets
- Supports two-sided printing
- Has allows wireless and mobile sticker printing
- 4.3-inch touchscreen interface
- ADF capacity of 35sheets
9. Canon Pixma Pro 100
- 8 Dye based inks for amazing gradients and...
- The Optimum Image Generating System...
- Compatible with individual CLI 42 ink tanks...
- 4800 x 2400 dots per inch with fine...
- Weight: 43.2 in bullet point. Number of...
Canon Pixma Pro 100 is a vinyl sticker printer that offers high performance and is very durable when properly taken care of. With the 8 inch ink, it produces a marvelous color, and as a result, you achieve vivid prints and can be used as a professional printer. This sticker printer has a two-way paper freedom system that supports the majority of the media. In addition, the 3 different lack cartridges it comes with produce monochrome quality prints and also has a built-in Chroma optimizer that helps to maintain the color.
- Canon Pixma Pro 100 features an auto document feeder
- Has CD-ROM and CD/DVD printing tray with other documents
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and ethernet
- Uses an 8-ink dye-based inks system
10. Canon Pixma TS6220 AIO
- Inspire your creativity with prints that will...
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your...
- The PIXMA TS6220 wireless printer is the All...
- Connectivity Technology: USB, Bluetooth
- For numbers listed in product description see...
Canon Pixma TS6220 is one of the cheapest printers for stickers that is used for both vinyl stickers and paper. However, despite the affordability of the Canon Pixma TS6220, it has a high per-page printing cost, and you should have this in mind when considering. It is not a printer for stickers specifically but can get the job done quite well. This printer uses 5 ink cartridges: two pigment-based black ink cartridges and three dye-based color ink cartridges, and this gives a wide tonal range to create stickers. It is an ideal printer for a beginner printing business or an amateur photographer.
- Auto Duplexing Feature technology of 1200 by 2400 dpi high resolution
- It has a high-speed connectivity
- Wireless printing via Bluetooth using Mopria or Airprint
- A high printing speed of 15 images per min for the monochrome and black printing while 10 color pages per minute
Buying Guide For Printers For Vinyl Stickers
1. Type of finishing
There are two types of finishing, glossy finishing and matte finishing. The matte finish is the most popular type of finishing, which is not shiny or dazzling when placed in sunlight. Matte finishes are textured, tend to last longer than other finishing types, and are resistant to fingerprints. They are ideal for outdoor environments like decals, billboards, and bumper stickers because they look natural.
On the other hand, shiny vinyl printing stickers with a glossy finish have a shiny polished look and are mostly made of vibrant colors. They are recommended for indoor banners because they are less durable.
2. The Print format and Quality
It is important to consider the print format and quality before purchasing any sticker printers. It helps you check if your choice of vinyl sticker machine can handle your document printing dimensions. For large print services, it is ideal to choose a wide-format inkjet printer, while for smaller than regular sizes, you should go with a desktop version.
The quality of the prints should be high, and therefore you should choose a printer that assures you quality, which is the print resolution. For a more specific outcome of quality prints, choose a high print volume while ensuring that the print volume is relative to media sizes.
3. Paper Handling
It is important so that you don't buy a machine that will not be able to handle vinyl stickers. There are two types of stickers materials: the vinyl stickers material and the paper sticker sheet. The significant difference between the two is that the paper sticker sheets are not weather resistant and are cheaper. On the contrary, vinyl sticker sheets are weather-resistant and can withstand any harsh weather conditions. They are suitable for outdoor use but are pretty expensive. Choose a printer that can be able to handle vinyl stickers.
4. Printing Clear or White Stickers
It is a personal preference. The best printer for stickers is one that perfectly complements your needs. Clear stickers work well as vinyl decals and blend well with glass materials, windows, and containers. However, it is impossible to use an ordinary printing tool to print on a transparent material because everything will turn out blank. To avoid this problem, ensure you purchase a special printer or add an opaque surface to the vinyl stickers.
What is the Best Vinyl Sticker Laminating Material?
Laminating sheets for sticker paper are essential for generating great stickers that are long-lasting and professional-looking for yourself or your company. It is an optional step, but it's a good idea for extending the life of your stickers, and it's a must if they'll be used outside. When looking for the best laminating sheets for your custom vinyl stickers, make sure they aren't thermal laminating sheets, just plain sheets with adhesive on one side. Here are our best picks.
1. Clear Laminate Roll Self-Adhesive
- Self-laminating adhesive vinyl adds gloss and...
- Stronger than Oraguard laminating film and...
- Durable and flexible clear permanent vinyl...
- Smooth, glossy finish, 3 mil. Strong,...
- Engineered for indoor and outdoor uses...
These are rolls of transparent vinyl laminating rolls that you can cut into any shape or size. These vinyl laminating rolls provide a clear and glossy protective layer to all sorts of paper, including sticker paper. They are ideal for creating signs, covering books, creating dry-erase boards, covering graphic works, layering printable vinyl, protecting crafts and paperback books, and more.
They are more durable than standard laminating sheets. All of the laminates are smudge-resistant, tear-resistant, and easy to keep for a long time. In addition, these laminating rolls do not require the use of a laminating machine.
2. VViViD Clear Self-Adhesive Lamination Vinyl
- Add a high gloss finish with excellent...
- 3-mil thick film is waterproof, scragtchproof...
- Self-adhesive film requires no heat or...
- Perfectly suited for use in any die-cutter or...
It is another 12-inch-wide, 15-foot-long roll of high-quality self-adhesive laminating paper. The transparent paper will give your creations a high-gloss, professional finish while protecting them from water and scratches and making them UV resistant.
The laminating paper is 3-mil thick and can be used for up to 5 years. These self-adhesive films don't require any heat or special equipment to install. You may easily cut these laminating papers into shape with any die-cutting machine, vinyl plotting machine, or even with a rotary cutter or scissors. These laminate papers are ideal for securing artwork, photos, vital documents, graphics, instructional printables, greeting cards, recipe cards, and menu cards.
3. Royal Elements Waterproof Clear Vinyl Laminating Sheets
Each Royal Elements Store laminating paper set has 20 sheets measuring 9" x 12". They're one-sided, waterproof laminating sheets used for various applications, not simply sticker paper. Each sheet is composed of crystal clear PVC and is 4.0 mil thick.
These sheets are a little thicker than ordinary laminating paper, but they will keep the ink on your stickers from spreading. The sheets also retain their brilliance while maintaining their appearance and color. The sheets also protect your paper from scratches and make it dishwasher safe.
These laminating sheets don't require a laminator machine. Simply peel them off their backing paper and attach them to your sticker paper to make them more durable. This bundle is ideal if you use laminating sheets occasionally and don't require a laminator machine.
What are the Best Vinyl Sticker Maker Machines?
It takes three steps to make your own vinyl decals. Using software to create or import the designs. Using an appropriate machine to cut them. The cuts are weeded and transferred to their eventual destination. Alternatively, you can just peel them for application.
While a cutting machine is not required to manufacture great stickers, it will save you time and make your life easier. Here are the best sticker cutters, whether you're seeking a professional sticker-making machine for commercial purposes or simply want to have much fun crafting at home.
- ART AND CRAFT CUTTING MADE SIMPLE, EVEN FOR...
- CUTS 100+ MATERIALS WITH EASE – The...
- APP BASED CRAFTING TOOL WITH...
- KEEP YOUR SPACE NEAT AND ORGANIZED - Machine...
- ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES - Compatible with 6...
The Explore 2 is a fantastic cutter on significantly more demanding materials than the sticker sheets. Paper, cardstock, vinyl, iron-on, poster board, and cloth are among the materials it can handle. The supported cut sizes are 0.25 to 11.5 inches broad by 23.5 inches tall. The Cricut Explore Air 2 has Bluetooth built-in for wireless cutting, which is a huge plus. While it's a larger cutting machine, it may be stored in a separate room without being connected by wires.
2. Silhouette Cameo 4
- BONUS MATERIAL ONLY ON AMAZON: copy of the...
- The Silhouette Cameo 4 is the evolution in...
- The Cameo unique dual carriage allows for...
- The Cameo 4 carriage 2 boasts additional...
- The autoblade has been reconfigured...
The Silhouette Cameo 4 is among the popular vinyl cutting machines on the market. It is a full-featured craft cutter that can do more than simply dice up stickers. The Silhouette Cameo 4 works with vinyl, paper, cardstock, and fabric, among other things.
If you require a lot of stickers cut, the new Silhouette Cameo 4 handles materials measuring 12'' wide and 10 feet long, which is great news. It also includes the Silhouette Studio design program, which makes designing, importing, and cutting full sheets of stickers a breeze.
3. Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- This die-cutting and embossing machine is the...
- Die-cuts and embosses many different...
- The Big Shot Machine measures approximately...
- 1 Big Shot Machine, 1 Extended Multipurpose...
The Sizzix Big Shot is a fun little die-cutting machine popular with crafty families and youngsters. It'sIt's great for making cards, invitations, scrapbook pages, home décor, fashion, altered art, quilting, and stickers. The Big Shot can cut materials up to 6′′ x 11′′ in size. It is simple to operate and provides a true ''hands-on'' cutting experience.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. What kind of printer is used for vinyl stickers?
It depends on the design of your sticker, but a 4 color inkjet printer with a dpi print resolution of 1200 can work quite well. Also, you should look for a printer with more than 6 cartridges if your sticker design needs vibrant color ranges with more tonal variation.
Your print color accuracy depends on the process you use for your printing. Before purchasing any printer, make sure your paper is compatible with your printer.
2. What printer is best for vinyl stickers?
According to our review, the best printer for vinyl stickers depends on your primary requirement. According to our review, the best budget printer is the Canon Pixma T6220 that has low operating costs and would be an excellent start for a small business. In addition, it has wireless connectivity, and you can easily print a variety of sticker sizes and types from your smartphone or tablet.
Pixma Pro 100 is another printer from the same brand with more advanced features and is more expensive. With features such as the 8 dye-based ink cartridges, which offer an expanded color, they give your stickers a range of colors with very great detail.
3. Can you print vinyl stickers with a standard printer?
It is recommended you use only an inkjet printer to print vinyl stickers because inkjet printers for vinyl use inks while a laser printer uses toners. The vinyl stickers are designed to be used with inkjet printers, but laser printers, according to some users, get the work done just the same, but you shouldn't use a LaserJet printer.
The standard Vinyl used in an inkjet printer cannot be used in a LaserJet printer. After all, they produce very high temperatures and can result in the breaking of your laser printer. However, the best printer for stickers is the wide-format inkjet printer for hobbyists or professional signmakers.
Images: amazon reviews