If you’ve been looking for Cricut Explore Air 2 reviews, look no further. We’ve taken all kinds of customer feedback to heart to bring you a comprehensive overview of this popular vinyl cutter. Let’s jump right in.
- [CREATE MORE] The Circuit Explore Air 2 is...
- [ENDLESS PROJECT POSSIBILITIES] The Circuit...
- [INCLUDED WITH MACHINE] Each machine includes...
- [DESIGN FOR FREE] Upload or create and design...
- [BECOME A PART OF A COMMUNITY] We know it can...
The simple design of the Explore Air 2 might not capture your imagination at first glance, but when you take a second look and dive into the staggering number of features it has at its disposal, you’ll realize what a useful tool it is for any DIY crafter.
Please read: Best vinyl cutting machine
The Explore Air 2 is designed to cut vinyl and a wealth of other materials (over 100, in fact) twice as fast as what previous models were capable of. It has two different modes of use, normal mode for everyday cutting, and fast mode for when you’re crunched for time. Those using it to meet client deadlines will appreciate using fast mode.
The Explore Air 2 comes with a huge library of over 3,000 available images through their Design Space website, and if that’s not enough, you can use your own images and patterns too. With the Explore Air 2, you get unparalleled printing power and tons of flexibility.
Speaking of flexibility, the Explore Air 2 is compatible with many different devices, including smartphones, tablets, and computers. If you’re working on a project from a personal computer, you can put it down and resume work later from your phone. This also creates the freedom to design and print from almost anywhere.
The Cricut can cut with extreme precision. Those wishing to cut more delicate patterns, won’t have any trouble getting the Explore Air 2 to create perfect stationery designs, or even things of finer detail, such as snowflake patterns.
While there’s no real complaint to be had with the Explore Air 2 itself, it is limited by only being able to execute jobs while connected to the Design Space website. For those without constant internet access, this probably isn’t the cutter for you.
Our conclusion is that the Explore Air 2 is the perfect machine for beginners and those interested in vinyl cutting at the hobby level. It cuts quickly, provides you with an impressive number of free designs, and is highly accurate. It’s held back by being tied to the internet, but gains bonus points for its overall flexibility.
- Simple to use
- Affordable compared to many other cutters
- You can design on different devices
- High precision cuts
- Perfect for beginners and hobbyists
- Design Space software can be finicky for newcomers
- Cricut customer service can leave something to be desired
- Requires internet access to use
- Some reported reliability issues after long term use
- Lack of advanced design options